Topic of the Week
No Thanks to Us: The Lack of Gratitude at Work
When it comes to expressing gratitude, the workplace is dead last. No wonder why they call it work. Ironically expressing gratitude will not only create a healthier workplace, it will also create a healthier you.
Blog of the Week
For Women Restaurant Workers, Sexual Harassment Starts with the Day You’re Hired
It would be hard to design a context more conducive to being sexually harassed by co-workers, and indeed, like 80 percent of women restaurant workers in a 2014 Restaurant Opportunities Center United (ROC United) survey, we all were.
Thought for the Week
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
–William Arthur Ward
List of the Week
from Millenial branding
Preferences in a Job: Boomers, GenX and Millenials
- Boomers, meaningful work, 60%
- Gen X, job security, 65%
- Millenials, location, 59%
Top Five News Headlines
- Why freelancers face an uphill battle against sexual harassers
- The GOP Believes Businesses -- But Not Consumers -- Are Entitled to Their Day in Court
- If You’re Sick, Stay Away From Work. If You Can’t, Here Is What Doctors Advise.
- Cuomo to announce new regulations on work schedules for hourly employees
- Add This to Your List of Job Demands: Paid Vacation for Extreme Weather