Topic of the Week
Staying Alive: Retirement, Not the End, But A New Beginning
Retirement is probably more complicated now for most of us, but you can still take control of the process, rather than letting it take control of you.
Blog of the Week
Jimmy John’s Fired Workers for Making a ‘Disloyal’ Meme. A Court Just Ruled That’s Okay.
Like the non-compete agreements, the July 3 court decision is an unwarranted attack on labor rights, says William B. Gould IV, a labor law professor at Stanford University and former chairman of the federal labor board.
Thought for the Week
"One unnamed American college student told of their overwhelming technology cravings, which they confessed was not too dissimilar from a person suffering from substance abuse. "
List of the Week
Traveling With Tech Toys: Clearly We're Addicted
- 77% would be more upset at losing technology than wedding ring
- 64% said they'd be willing to sacrifice personal appearance for tech
- 49% say peeping technology Toms are #1 pet peeve when flying
Top Five News Headlines
- Six Workers Were Fired For Making This Sandwich Meme
- Paid Family Leave is a Work Incentive
- From overtime rules to worker protections, 5 ways Trump is shifting labor policy
- The probe into Google’s alleged gender pay gap just hit a snag
- Retail Workers Union Opposes Amazon's Purchase of Whole Foods