Topic of the Week
Making a Job Last
So, you've finally landed a new job! Want to make it last? Here are four strategies to make sure you don't wind up on the chopping block.
Blog of the Week
22 Democratic senators want to know how sexual harassment financially impacts women
Twenty-two Democratic senators are calling on the Labor Department to collect additional, better data regarding sexual harassment in the workplace.
Thought for the Week
"If you think hiring professionals is expensive, try hiring amateurs."
List of the Week
from Career Builder
Impact of a Bad Hire:
- Lost productivity, 39%
- Lost time to recruit and train another worker, 39%
- Cost to recruit and train another worker, 35%
- Employee morale negatively affected, 33%
- Negative impact on clients, 19%
Top Five News Headlines
- When Nature Strikes
- Abercrombie Agrees to Pay $25M Over Staff Clothing Claims
- Amazon, Berkshire, JPM form healthcare company to cut costs
- There's a Sexual-Harassment Epidemic on America’s Farms
- When you cannot sue your employer